My Blog Navigator

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Start to a Life- Long Ministry

When I first had the Calling to be a Pastor, I was skeptic... I thought that it was just me telling myself that this is what I am supposed to do... but then God confirmed it!

I was in New York City for NYGO, New York Gospel Outreach, and it was the day that we did some street ministry and we set a prayer booth up in front of the New York Public Library. I walked up to a man to ask if I could pray for him and he blew up at me and cursed me out and cursed out God. He was filled with hatred and this broke my heart. I told him that I would pray for him anyways and he told me to "bad words" off.

From that day on my heart was broken for those who have that view of God. Later when we were in the hotel room I felt that God was telling me that He wanted me to do His work. I was going to go to school for Architecture and Interior Design... so this kinda came as a shock to me, but I was ready to do anything that God called me into!

Now it is close to 3 years later and I have never been more passionate about vocational ministry! I have no doubt in my mind that God has called me to be a Pastor!!! I love my ministry classes at IWU and I am learning so much about God, Ministry, the Bible, but most of all myself!! I am excited to learn more and more every day!!! I plan on Blogging more often now that I have entered into a new season of classes, ones that I like and also my ministry classes, so I "HOPE" to blog more! :P we'll see how that goes :P haha but until next time, God Bless!!!!

Carter Bob

2 comments:

Jeremy Wilmot said...

Hey man sounds like everything is great! Hope God keeps revealing His plans for you if its necessary. I'll be praying for you and wisdom in the steps you are taking to possibly become a pastor.

Love,
Jeremy

Ben said...

Great stuff bro--keep on it. 'God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply!'